INDIANAPOLIS – Basketball will be back before you know it and as of Friday, the specifics of the 2018-19 Indiana Pacers campaign are out.
Fans of the Blue and Gold were disappointed that Indiana will not be featured in any of the NBA’s Opening Week, Christmas Day or Martin Luther King Jr. Day nationally televised games. But the Pacers will still play 12 games in front of a nationally televised audience, including three on TNT and one on ABC. Here are some of the highlights of Indy’s schedule:
- Oct. 17 vs Memphis – Pacers 2018-19 regular season and home opening game
- Oct. 31 at New York – The first of nine nationally televised games for Indiana, with this one on ESPN.
- Nov. 3 vs Boston – One of two visits (April 5) from Brad Stevens, Gordon Hayward and of the favorites in the Eastern Conference.
- Nov. 23 vs San Antonio – DeMar DeRozan will make his first appearance in his new uniform in the Circle City on the night of Indy’s annual Black Friday home game.
- Jan. 17 vs Philadelphia – The first of three Pacers games televised on TNT (Feb. 28 vs Minnesota and March 7 at Milwaukee)
- Jan. 28 vs Golden State – The two-time defending NBA champions make their lone trip to Indianapolis
- Feb. 5 vs L.A. Lakers – LeBron James, and maybe more importantly Lance Stephenson, will play their one and only game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse just eight days after the Warriors do.
- March 10 at Philadelphia – The Pacers will get some series national exposure on this Sunday, a 3:30 p.m. tip as a part of the NBA Sunday Showcase on ABC.
- March 14 vs Oklahoma City – Paul George makes his second return to his former home late in the season
- April 7 vs Brooklyn – Home finale
- April 10 at Atlanta – Regular season finale